You must follow the guidelines that are stated below in order for your article to get successfully submitted into the SmokinSEO database.
All articles are subject to rejection without reply to author. Even if you follow the guideline stated below your article may still not be accepted. If for any reason we decide to reject your article we are not inclined to reply to you a reason. You may still resubmit the article. Most articles that are rejected will get a reasoning behind there rejection.
To Qualify For Submission, Your Article:
- Must be an original article that you or your author wrote. If you work for an author as an employee or contractor and are submitting the article, please submit the article as if it was from the original author including his or her email address and name.
- Must be informative and share your unique expertise. Including tips, strategies, techniques, case-studies, analysis, and opinions in your articles. We do not accept articles that contain more than 5 lines of quoted or sourced material.
- May not be a press release, advertisement, sales letter, promotional copy, or excessive self-promotion.
- Must be in English, spelling, grammar, capitalization, and structure. We know there are variations in what people consider “proper English,” we ask that you at least try to use proper English. If English is not your first language, we recommend that you have someone who has English as their first language proof read the article before submitting to us.
- MAY NOT contain: pornography/adult material, suggest racial intolerance, advocate against any individual or group, have insulting, obscene, degrading tone, or contain profanity. If your article is found to have any of these, your first offense is you will not be allowed any further articles period.
- Must contain information on: Web 2.0, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), SEM (Search Engine Marketing), Marketing, PPC, Advertising, Hosting, jQuery, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, and any other web related content.
- Must not contain any content that is a violation of any law, be considered defamatory, libelous, or infringes on the legal rights of others.
- May not be a submission of the exact same article as one that you already submitted. Some authors have submitted the same article multiple times with only a few words changed in the body. These articles will be rejected and the author will be banned from approval.
- May not include a personal email or contact form.
- May not contain excessive use of bolded keywords or phrases. Bolding is limited to headings, subheadings, keywords, and tags. Strongly suggested to use HTML coding with heading tags.
Editors Guidelines: (FORMAT)
- Your Title has to be in Upper and Lower Case Letters with the first letter of each major word capitalized.
- TITLE IN ALL CAPS will no be accepted and will be changed if pass submission.
- Quotes around your title are not accepted.
- Title should not end with a period.
- No HTML tags of any kind will be allowed in your title.
- No author names or website urls to be in your title.
- If title consists of one word that word must be about the whole article. Recommended at least 3 words.
- We do not accept articles that use profanity in the title.
- We recommend keyword rich titles.
- Must be a minimum of 250 words and no more than 2,000 words. An ideal article size would be 500-750 words.
- Do not repeat your title or author name at the top of the article body for it will be deleted.
- If you want to put copyrights they must be at the bottom of your article. If you put it at the top of your article, we will move it to the bottom of the article body.
- If you sell hard in the article body by including your URL or product pitch or blatant self-promotion, we will refuse your article without notice. The Your Website Input Box is where you get to pitch your website address.
- Your article must deliver on what is in the title. We do not accept teaser links or phrases that require a reader to click away from the article. You may put links to articles of help or hints.
- HTML tags are allowed in the article body and are strongly recommended.
- Note HTML Tags: Be sure to close every tag that you OPEN. Common mistakes that an author will make are to open a tag and then forget to close it, causing the rest of the article to look weird.
- Your article must be single spaced, must use appropriate paragraph breaks, and must use correct formatting for bulleted or numbered lists.
Each article is recommended to come with a image that is at least 720X200. This image will be auto formatted to fit the post. If you would like to add images to you article we ask that you find means to host these images externally and leave the link to the image in the article with the positioning of the image. If we find these image appropriate for the article, then they will be permitted. If we do not find them appropriate they will be left out of the article. SmokinSEO recommends tat you create a Dropbox account and add your images into your public folder. This way you can link to the images and the publisher would be able to either use the url to your Dropbox account or they would be able to get the image from the public folder.
You are limited to 4 personal links. These links can go to anywhere and anyone. We do not allow articles which have strategic keyword anchor text links in the body to your domain that do not add informational value to the article. Any use of anchored text links to websites that you own should add value to the article topic rather than stand out as an obvious abuse of anchored text link. The goal with this policy is to be a good net citizen by only allowing articles that add value with the anchored text links rather than for pure SEO reasons. Please limit your anchor text link length to 3 words in an article that is less than 400 words and 5 words in anchor text if your article is more than 400 words. We will not accept articles with links (in the Article Body or Resource Box) to adult-oriented websites, including but not limited to websites that include pornography, adult-oriented sexual content. We do not allow links to websites that are under construction. Websites must be active and have content in order for you to link to them from your article. We will reject your link if it contains a link of this nature.
EMAIL ‘MAILTO:’ We highly recommend including a link to your website but we will not allow a ‘MAILTO’ link.
Simple title rules no links and limit of 120 characters. Recommended use of Article Title. If not acceptable SEO title, then article title will be used.
SEO – Keywords
Adding the top keywords related to the article will help us to bring more traffic to your article. Please make sure you put a comma between each Keyword. Ideally, your keywords should be optimized based on the most commonly searched keywords for your particular niche. It helps to use a good keyword research tool to help you determine which ones are best to use. We recommend that you use the Google Search Based Keyword Tool. You should have a minimum of 1-2 keywords and a maximum of 10. We do not accept keywords that are completely unrelated to the content of your article.
SEO – Description
The purpose of the description is to give an abstract or summary of the benefits that your article delivers. Every article must have a description limited to 160 words. If you don’t know what to put in your description, just use the first paragraph of your article.
Article Categories and Tags: These are limited to 5. They must pertain to the article or they will be rejected and replaced with nothing.
Advertisements by authors are not allowed unless they are paid advertisements. Advertisements may appear inside articles. These advertisements are produced by SmokinSEO and are used to help fund the website.
If for any reason you would like to take your article down from SmokinSEO you may contact us with the title, and name and email of author. We will ask why you are taking down your article but you have rights to what you write and do not have to give a reason. We strongly recommend if you have issues with the site that you contact us to try and resolve these issues before asking to take down an article.
Pre Approved Articles
If you become an consistent author will may ask you if you would like to take control and become a publisher and/or your own publisher. We have a great deal of trust. Once you have successfully submitted 3 articles we will create you a publisher account. All articles will still be checked by a administrator but are not subject to extensive guidelines. We welcome all author to become publishers and wish this website to become a hub for people on the web.